Applications and characteristics
- For use in all open cooling systems
- Product selection based on water analysis
- Size depends on the required amount of the make-up water
- The components such as mixing valve, salt dissolving tank, ion exchange unit are usually individually mounted at a suitable location in the system; the function is self-sufficient from the cooling system
- Will the softener unit be installed in a drinking water supply the installation of certified system separator is required (if not already present)
Mode of action
Water as refrigerant in cooling water circuits is an essential part of the entire cooling system. The available input qualities, the requirements depending on the type of cooling system and the operating conditions often vary considerably.
Based on an analysis of the available water ingredients, the system design (type of circuit, used materials) and the operating parameters (temperatures, pressures) the necessary components of an effective water treatment must be determined.
The water treatment includes the control and treatment of make-up water and circulating water. Essential parameters are pH-value, carbonate hardness and total hardness, electrical conductivity, and the number of colony forming units (CFU).