Conductivity controlled desalination and dosing unit
Applications and characteristics
- For use in all open cooling systems
- Measurement of the conductivity as a measure of the dissolved salts in the water
- Control of a desalination motor ball valve for the deposition of circulating water and replacement with fresh water for constant conductivity
- Mass proportional addition of hardness stabilizers / corrosion inhibitors to work with the highest possible thickening
- Time-controlled addition of biocide to prevent algae growth etc.
- Lock function to avoid uncontrolled deposition of dosing agents
- Use of approved dosing agents; available at Multi Kühlsysteme (consumables)
- The components such as conductivity probes, desalination ball valve, contact water meter and metering pumps are used either individually mounted in a suitable place on the plant and linked to the central control of the cooling system
- Supplied as a complete system, ready for use for wall mounting with its own electronic control (on-site only the contact water meter needs to be installed)
- Also possible is the installation of the complete system in a switch cabinet housing for weatherproof outdoor installation (requirements for frost protection must be coordinated)
Mode of action
Water as refrigerant in cooling water circuits is an essential part of the entire cooling system. The available input qualities, the requirements depending on the type of cooling system and the operating conditions often vary considerably.
Based on an analysis of the available water ingredients, the system design (type of circuit, used materials) and the operating parameters (temperatures, pressures) the necessary components of an effective water treatment must be determined.
The water treatment includes the control and treatment of make-up water and circulating water. Essential parameters are pH-value, carbonate hardness and total hardness, electrical conductivity, and the number of colony forming units (CFU).