Heat exchanger stations
Heat exchanger stations are used in the industrial sector to dissipate process heat for a wide variety of applications (chemical industry, glass industry, metal processing, etc.). With the help of the heat exchanger station, a system separation of the internal machine or system cooling circuits and the corresponding external cooling circuits takes place. The "process heat" created during the process is transferred to the cooling medium via a heat exchanger. This type of system separation may be necessary for safety-related aspects or is necessary due to the media used (ultrapure water, emulsions, oils or acids).
Multi Kühlsysteme GmbH manufactures heat exchanger stations according to customer specifications in various power rates and versions
Applications and features
- Design mostly in modular design with heat exchanger for separation into "fouled" and "clean" circuits with highest demands on the cooling water quality
- Industrial applications in all common sectors (furnace cooling, electroplating, chemical industry, glass coating equipment, connection to existing factory cooling networks, etc.)
- Operation with water (in open systems) or water-glycol mixture (in closed systems)
- Usually for indoor installation or optionally in container design (frost and weather protection)
- Flexible implementation
- Advantageous concept for export orders: Ready-to-install heat exchanger stations come to the construction
- Site as factory-tested system components; Only the connecting pipelines and the electrical supply will be realized on site
- Dimensions of the stations suitable for container transport, large systems in split design
- Steel frames with corrosion coating (powder-coated or wet-painted or according to customer requirements)
- Depending on the application, heat exchangers are designed as plate heat exchangers, tube bundle heat exchangers or safety plate heat exchangers (double-walled)
- Intermediate tank, buffer tank, expansion tanks depending on the system design
- Feed pumps in different designs and materials (gray cast iron, stainless steel)
- Cooling water filter designed as a strainer, single filter or automatic filter according to customer requirements
- Water conditioning
- required fittings (eg shut-off / non-return valves, compensators, instrumentation)
- Internal piping piping material in plastic (PE100, PVC-U), carbon steel or stainless steel
- Control cabinet with complete control technology, PLC Fab. Siemens, Allen Bradley
- Internal cabling of all measuring points and consumers
- Service-friendly design
Mode of operation
For heat exchanger stations, the heat exchanger represents the heart of the system. This enables the appropriate system separation between the internal cooling circuit of the industrial application or plant and the external cooling circuit. The heat transfer between the internal and external cooling medium takes place via the heat exchanger. The heat exchangers are indeed designed according to application as coaxial, plate heat exchanger or tube bundle heat exchanger.
The flawless, needs-based function of the entire system and the guarantee of a user-friendly and effective handling of the cooling system require the permanent measurement of important operating data and the linking of all parameters in a computer-controlled measuring and control system.
Multi cooling systems uses programmable logic controllers with touch panel as operator interface. The consumer, the recooling unit and the cooling water module are combined with connecting pipelines.