Open GRP-Cooling towers
Applications and characteristics
- Industrial applications in all common sectors,
- For outdoor installation,
- Water inlet temperature up to 65°C,
- Cooling water temperatures as a function of the ambient air temperature and humidity; adjustable through speed control of the fans,
- Operation on pure water (no glycol),
- Energy efficient fans according to the Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC,
- Low weight,
- Wear-resistant, rugged and durable,
- Easy installation and completion,
- Soundproofing equipment (sound absorbers, impact dampers) is available, and
- Special design configurations and a wide range of accessories are available.
- Housing made of GRP (glass reinforced plastic)
- Axial fan arranged at the top; particularly quiet running and energy efficient by special bionic airfoil blade
- Air is "sucked" through the cooling tower
- Water distribution made of plastic
- Pollution secured plastic spray nozzles
- Wet deck as high-efficient foil fillers made of polypropylene
Mode of action
The (evaporative) cooling tower is a wet water / air heat exchanger. In the open cooling tower the water to be cooled is brought into direct contact with the air. In this, usually in countercurrent flow extending operation, the down-flowing water emits heat to the rising air by evaporation and convection. In the cooling tower the water is evenly distributed by nozzles over trickling material (fillers).
Due to the evaporation process water losses arise. These losses must be supplied to the circuit at a suitable point.