Chiller for outside installation
Applications and characteristics
- For outside installation
- Preferably water-glycol-mixture
- Water inlet temperature to max. 20°C
- Ambient temperature -10 to +35°C; lower/higher temperatures on request
- Very constant cooling water temperatures regardless of the ambient air condition
- Industrial applications in all common industries and building technology
- Cooling of air-conditioning devices, plastic processing machines, electroplating baths
- Interconnected operation with cooling towers or dry coolers
- For cooling systems that operate in an atmospheric closed cold water circuit system
- Quiet running and energy-efficient by hermetic, rotary scroll compressor
- Optional complete with buffer tank and /or single-pump or dual-pump available
- Air-cooled refrigerant aggregate with hermetic, rotary scroll compressors
- CFC-free refrigerant R410A
- High efficiency plate heat exchanger consisting of soldered stainless steel plates and insulated with diffusion-density foam
- Microprocessor control with digital display
- Control cabinet is wired acc. IEC standard
- Monitoring equipment for refrigeration circuit
- Housing in weatherproof, self-supporting structure and panels made of painted galvanized sheet steel RAL 9018 (papyrus white)
Mode of action
Chillers are complete compact refrigeration units for cooling of liquids in the circuit. In general, the liquid water or water with additives (glycol), which are designated as refrigeration carriers because of the function.
A chiller primarily consists of a hydraulic part and a refrigeration part.
By the hydraulic components, heat is transported from heat-producing devices or systems by the flow of refrigerant through the applications to be cooled.
In a chiller as cooling unit is the heat exchanger of the re-cooler a refrigerant evaporator. By this, temperatures between +5°C to +25°C can be achieved. In the course of the evaporation process of the liquid refrigerant the absorbed heat is dissipated by the condenser of the chiller (usually to the ambient air).
A cycle cooling is realized without the loss of refrigerant. The advantage of a chiller consists next to the water resource-saving feature that for the application to be cooled conditions are always constant.